Training Plan

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last Training Run Before 13.1

Well I don't really run with wolves. But I know there are fox and deer out there. And there was a moon and it was dark. I tried to get out of bed at 5am. Then peaked at the clock at 5:30am, and by 5:45am I knew it was now or in the afternoon when I am too busy so I got up and checked the temperature gauge in the kitchen, 27 degrees, and got dressed appropriately for running. Tink looked at me like I was crazy when I hooked her on to the leash. Then I remembered she probably needed a chance to visit the little doggie bathroom out back. I think I got that look because she was enjoying her new bed. She sleeps with me now. Well she is not supposed to because of Jan's allergies, but she just gets up and cuddles with me after we are asleep. Smart dog.
By a little after 6am Tink and I set out in the dark. We both seem to have pretty good night vision. Only saw one other person running. I keep forgetting to download a 4 mile play list I made so I used the 5 mile one. Practiced the run / walk. Missed one of the cues, but overall went good. I have finally learned how to turn it on and get it started. Ran a little slower today, but I do have the big race day on Saturday.
Didn't take time for the heart rate monitor. Mile1: 12:21 Mile2: 12:45 Mile3: 13:26 Mile4: 13:41.


BTW there is still time to sign up for the Dogtown Half Marathon, click here!

No comments: