Training Plan

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Racing Splits

I was given some cool information by Marathon Cyndie about "Racing Splits." The internet site www.runningfreeonline.com is where she printed it from. Here is how it works. If you have a target finish time for a race, then you can plot out some target times for each mile along the way. She gave me two for my upcoming Marathon, one with the target time of 5:45 and the other 5:50. The "laps" or each mile is 5 seconds slower than the previous one. It will help me to stay on target and know how I am doing. Cyndie gave me the strategy of "Very positive" with a gradual pace change.
This looks helpful and I am planning to plot one for my first half marathon, The Dogtown Half Marathon in Washington City, Utah. I am very excited about this race because it will be my first time to run 13.1 miles but also because CYNDIE IS GOING TO RUN TOO!
I am very happy, can you tell???!!! I wasn't looking forward to being alone. I am also excited that Jan is walking that day also, he will be doing a 9K. So far his longest race has been 5k. A little over 3 weeks and we will be leaving for southern Utah.

No comments: