Training Plan

Monday, February 14, 2011

Wow Week Twelve - 99 more days

Today when I set out on my training run it was 59 degrees. Warm. Not sure how fast the wind was, but I was fighting that a little bit. So clothing today was my thin exercise pants and a short sleeve tech shirt. No ear covers necessary today, the hot pink earbuds kept the wind out of my ears.
Well, Tink was pretty sad when Chip and I left for our run. She did 20 miles last week so I felt that Chip should get a little exercise and have his turn. Although he won't get in 20, he will get 4 more in tomorrow. My easy 6 on Saturday will be in Elk Grove and the dogs are going to stay home with Jack Markman.
This being my recovery week, I decided on a 4 mile run to make the 50 minutes. For some reason today my stomach wasn't feeling too great. I think I messed up on food. Didn't get my  grocery shopping done in a timely manner. But you know my mantra on that, but it doesn't matter if the tummy isn't feeling good, the run must go on. I kept my pace slow, I wanted to just run and not do my run/walk.
Chip did real good today, a little spooked when things blew in the wind, but we had a nice run together. Mile1 12:35  Mile2 12:47  Mile3 13:41  Mile4 12:56. A .37 mile walk home to cool off.

No comments: