Training Plan

Thursday, February 17, 2011

On the road

26.2 Grandma takes her runnin’ on the road. The doggies are home with Jack so my third run for the week will be alone. This week I let Chip have a turn to run with me so he racked up 8 miles total for the week. Not much compared to Tink’s 20 miles last week, but I think he was more than happy with the miles he got.
One thing about Chip, he has a build in GPS in his head that knows home. I remember when he was young I would take him for walks and no matter where I walked and tried to mix him up, he always turned into our driveway when I was pretending we were just walking by. No fooling him. His internal sense of direction works the same now and has improved. He knows all opportunities on the paths that will take us back home. For one thing, he doesn’t much like the wind. It moves things and they look scary. And when you get to the good part (that I like) where it is pushing us along it blows his butt hair and tail up and he hates that. This week the wind has been at our back on the way out. So when we are headed toward home Chip likes to pull. Well, yesterday this was quite nice because it seemed like we were hardly moving at times the wind was so strong. But when we come to the turn home Chip goes to make the turn and we haven’t finished our mileage and so I pull him by and then he wants to lag. He is funny.
When its windy I like to not go out on the back part of the Jordan River Parkway where it is windier. So he gave up, but then when we came to the park where there is another opportunity for home he starts making the turn. What a cute boy he is. Maybe I need to get him an ipod so he can just relax and have fun. I think he likes to walk better. More time to sniff.

No comments: